Latest information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Learn More
Serious Injury

Accidents at Work Solicitors

First things first, it’s your employer’s duty to protect you. There are laws set up to do just that. Which means that if you’ve been injured at work, then you could be entitled to personal injury compensation.

If you do find yourself in the unfortunate position of having an accident at work, any claim that you make should be done within three years of the accident taking place. Plus, you will also have to prove that the injury or illness or disease came about through negligence of another party and not your own. This can be either your employer, an individual or the company itself.

If you meet those caveats, then you probably stand a good chance of making a case. Our job is to make sure you get through the whole agonising process with as little pain and confusion as possible. We have a really experienced team of dedicated lawyers who have been working in serious injury law for many years now. Not only are they incredibly compassionate and understanding people, they also happen to be exceptional at what they do. You’re never just a number to us – you’re a real person with real problems who needs some real help.

We’ll do everything we can to make sure you get a swift conclusion to your case, and, where possible, will try to obtain an interim payment for you – particularly useful if your injury is bad enough to require a change in your living requirements.

What should I do if I have an accident at work?
  1. Make sure you record your injury into an accident book.
  2. Ensure that your employer logs the injury with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
  3. Check your contract. What does it say about sick or accident pay? You could be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay, or maybe even Company Sick Pay and benefits.
  4. Consult your GP or a hospital doctor. Even if your injuries don’t seem to be so serious, it’s important to have a professional make a record of them.
  5. Register your claim as an Industrial Injury with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Again, a visible record of your accident with an official body like this will help enormously in furthering your claim.

What kind of accidents apply?

Accidents happen all the time and in over 25 years of dealing with them, we’ve seen our fair share. Here are the most common ones:

  • Accidents caused by another employee
  • Acoustic shock
  • Amputations
  • Asthma
  • Back injuries
  • Burns and scars
  • Construction accidents
  • Defective work equipment
  • Dermatitis
  • Dust, fumes, chemical and gas injuries
  • Farm accidents
  • Falling objects
  • Falls from heights
  • Head injuries
  • Inadequate training
  • Manual handling
  • Military accidents
  • Needlestick injuries
  • Industrial Disease
  • PPE – Inadequate protective equipment or clothing
  • Repetitive strain injury
  • Soft tissue injury
  • Slips and trips at work
  • Spinal cord injury

If you’ve been affected by any of the above, then get in touch with our experienced team of solicitors. Your first contact won’t cost you anything and could get you on the road to recovery. Call us on 03300 080 321 or fill out a form here.

Request a Callback

Ready to Get Started? Fill out the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your claim.

When we met Fletchers they were down to earth and friendly; everything was about you

Jack Barlow

View case

You don't have to go through this alone - take the first step now

  • IIP - Investors in People
  • The Sunday Times Top 100 - Best Companies To Work For 2016
  • The Investors In People Awards 2016 - Winner
  • The Legal 500 - Leading Firm 2015
  • The Law Society - Clinical Negligence
  • The Lawyer UK200 - Listed Firm 2015
  • Top Ranked Leading Individual - Chambers UK 2019
    Any Questions?

    We know that making a claim can raise a few questions, here are some of the ones we get asked most often.

    Read our FAQs

    Contact Details
    03300 080 321
    Dukes House, 34 Hoghton Street, Southport, PR9 0PU
    St James's Tower, 7 Charlotte Street, Manchester, M1 4DZ
    Map of the UK