Fixed Term Contract – 12 months maternity cover. Starting as soon as possible.
To deal with a caseload of around 50 – 55 litigated fast track cases. The cases are passed to the fee earner at the point of issuing proceedings and are then progressed through to settlement or trial. The successful candidate must be familiar with the Civil Procedure Rules and have experience of the court process, in reviewing and drafting Defences, Witness Statements and Applications, along with other various court documents such as Directions Questionnaires and Listing Questionnaires. Ideally the candidate will have experience in dealing with telephone hearings and conferences with Client and Counsel.
The Candidate should be qualified as a Solicitor or Cilex. Experience is necessary.
The candidate must be confident in assessing liability and quantum, in preparing and running cases to trial and be able to comfortably work with Defendant Solicitors, Counsel and the Court when necessary to progress cases in a timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring the best outcome for our client.
A high standard of client care will be required throughout and as the majority of our cases involve a motorcycle, knowledge of motorcycle case law will be needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To have excellent client care skills
- To liaise with clients to give advice and take instructions.
- To have commercial awareness
- To be a team player
- To regularly review cases for liability and quantum
- To be familiar and up to date with relevant case law and the CPR
- To be confident with the Fast Track court process and forms
- Be able to work to deadlines and targets
- To be confident to take cases to trial.
- To be confident in valuing fast track cases and negotiating settlements
- Undertake training as and when necessary
- To be accurate with time recording and to meet billing targets.