The role requires you to put your knowledge and client care skills into a client focused and rewarding role. You will hold a very important role in providing high quality advice to aid our Legal Team
You will be a methodical thinker with the tenacity to deal with the varied and challenging scenarios, which may occur when providing reports on medical negligence claims.
You will work closely with the rest of the nurse analyst team and ensure research is shared amongst your colleagues.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills and a methodical approach
- Good IT skills – we work in a paperless office – knowledge of Word & Foxit and Proclaim would be an advantage.
- Medical records handling
- Document management
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector
- Over 3 years’ clinical experience
- Ability to consistently hit tight KPI/Target deadlines
- Working knowledge of Audits and interpreting the findings to improve/maintain practice
- Research skills including knowledge of NICE and current and previous best practices
- Reviewing of medical records and any other documentation relevant to the case.
- Indexing of Medical records
- Preparation of issue based summaries and chronologies for instruction to experts on medical negligence cases with a good knowledge surrounding breach of duty and causation
- Preparing both light/selective focussed, date ranged & full paginations in paperless format utilising Foxit & other suitable IT programmes
- Adding to or amending Pagination bundles already prepared at the instruction of either the legal members of the team
- Ability to work in a paperless environment.
- To assist Senior Solicitors with Risk Assessment reviews and provide their medical knowledge to help assist with the progression/rejection of a case
- Responding to ad-hoc queries as and when requested
- Researching medical conditions and standards of care with recognised evidenced research
- Calling clients advising status of case and gaining any further information to progress case
- Time record all work in proclaim
- Produce memos and tasks to ensure workflow is completed
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards
- Follow company policies and procedures to ensure consistent quality standards of reporting
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on volume of applicants.