This is a busy and wide-ranging role suited to a content-centric person with an eye for detail. Reporting to the Head of Brand and Content, this role is involved in various creative remits across both internal and external workflows; including planning monthly social media, writing SEO-friendly website content, drafting press releases and supporting internal communications. It also involves writing and adapting content to suit various audiences and meeting the desired goal of each piece of work.
- Social media commentary: Responding to individual comments across our various branded social media channels. This means ensuring that messages are given an individual response that directly addresses the user’s needs. This may require liaising with team members in other departments to ensure the information being given is correct.
- Social media planning and implementation: Planning monthly social media messaging in advance, liaising with internal design to ensure all social media assets suit post messaging. Content will be implemented using Hootsuite.
- Internal communications: Supporting internal departments in communicating important messages across the business. Comms should be tailored to suit the requirements of each piece of work; whether that be a full communications plan or a single message. The communication channel should be chosen to best support the message: Yammer, email or newsletter. Sometimes, external social media messages will be required.
- Newsletter production: Production of internal and external newsletters; including weekly internal newsletter, quarterly alumni newsletter and any further newsletters stimulated as per business requirements.
- SEO content writing: landing pages and detailed articles across all three brand websites. Content will be written in line with SEO best practice and optimised to suit relevant keywords as stipulated by the content plan.
- PR Support: Some support may be required in sourcing suitable comment opportunities, shaping press releases and sending releases out to media.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Creative content writing
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative and network across departments; this is particularly prudent during home working
- Ability to engage and manage key stakeholder relationships
- Creative and forward thinking
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Team player
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – training will be provided:
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Knowledge of Hootsuite
- Experience of WordPress
- Familiar with basic Google software; Analytics, Data Studio, Adwords (Keywords)