- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Target Driven
- Confident in valuing injuries up to £15,000.00 and assessing liability risks
- Identifying cases that have the potential multi track
- Awareness of the business needs and assisting with other teams within the department should the need arise
- Over 3 years case handling experience of own case load
To run a caseload of around, 130-160 pre- issue files. These will be a mixture of MOJ and liability disputed cases. The target is to settle cases, meet a fee target and to issue cases for liability or quantum.
The injuries will ideally be mid to high end Fast Track with sometimes more than one medical report from different medical experts so experience in dealing with more than one medical report and valuing multiple injuries is essential. The vast majority of the claims will involve motorcycle accidents, so knowledge of motorcycle liability and Case Law is preferred. The successful candidate will have on occasion lower value claims and be required to be flexible across the teams in accordance with business needs.
(SECTIONS IF APPLICABLE)
- Run a caseload of mixed MOJ and liability disputed cases with some fatalities. These will predominantly be from Inception or following the Initial medico legal report from Fast Track Pre Issue Team.
- To liaise with clients whether via telephone, correspondence or in person to give advice and take instructions.
- Arrange medical appointments
- Review medical reports
- Instruct engineer inspections
- To regularly review cases for liability and quantum/highlight poor cases as soon as possible
- Review Police reports
- Review and take instructions regarding quantum and liability offers
- Court Document Writing
- Instructing Counsel to attend hearings
- Consider rehabilitation needs for the client
- Consider future losses of the clients on more severe injuries
- Ensuring own issuing targets and settlement targets are reached
- Be confident and competent at dealing with P8 issued cases including applications for stays.
- Ensuring own fee targets are met and assist Team Leaders with ensuring the teams targets are met
- Ensure daily/weekly chargeable time recording targets are met
- Ensure poor cases are closed at the earliest juncture
- Weekly updated to be sent to team leaders
- Reports to be used as required by team leaders
- We reserve the right to close this role prior to the date shown depending on volume and calibre of candidates.