Working alongside a Senior Fee Earner in the Serious Injury Team running a case load of exclusively catastrophic cases with values in excess of £500,000.00 – £10 million+ in line with current company policies and legal requirements.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-4 years PQE Grade B/C
- Up to date knowledge of running a complex Multi-Track/Catastrophic caseload,
- Knowledge and understanding of the Serious Injury Guide, Civil Procedure Rules and The Rehabilitation Code
- Knowledge and understanding of Court of Protection
- Being able to take the lead on cases, being proactive and working with initiative
- Knowledgeable understanding of funding, assisting and taking the lead on client sign ups
- Case Planning both on liability and quantum
- Identifying and instructing Part 35 experts
- Good analytic skills, assessment of liability and risk assessment
- Liaising with Leading Counsel, Part 35 experts, case managers and lay witness in conference by telephone or face to face
- Litigation experience a must on complex cases
- Excellent court skills, being able to prepare and commence proceedings in High Court, Interim Payment Applications, attending and preparing for CCMC, prepare directions, considering and dealing with Cost Budgets.
- Excellent people and client care skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Innovative and Proactive
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines
- The ability to work in a team
- Full Driving Licence
- Ensure that cases are progressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Progress files in line with KPI Targets
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, solicitors courts and insurers as necessary.
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Pursuing cases to conclusion.
- Ensuring all actions as per Proclaim Action List are completed in a timely fashion.
- Accurate time recording.
- Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements .