An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Law Cost Draftsman at a leading law firm based in Southport. You will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience of preparing bills of costs and costs budgets on serious injury matters. You will be working within a busy team and must have the ability to manage your own case load and adhere to strict SLA’s. This is a great opportunity to join a market-leading and expanding firm, at the forefront of clinical negligence litigation.
- Preparation of costs budgets and detailed bills of costs, on serious injury matters.
- Reviewing opponents budgets, preparing BDR’s and entering into negotiations.
- Potential to attend CCMC hearings.
- Review of opponent’s points of dispute and preparation of replies.
- Ensuring that the quality of work produced is to the highest standard.
- Management of daily workloads as well as achieving service level agreements.
- Be able to work to deadlines and prioritise matters to ensure targets are delivered.
- Adhering to the firm’s policies.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience of drafting bills of costs and costs budgets
- Experience of Proclaim
- Experience of Cost Master
- Organisational, planning and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good general IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to use initiative
- Working effectively within a team.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- We reserve the right to close this role before the closing date depending upon volume and calibre of applications.