As a senior member of the support team, you will provide a level of expertise with core application support acting as a point of escalation within the support team for specialist application queries.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Customer service, the main duties will include:
- Mentor junior members of the support team to improve their technical support knowledge
- To provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles (ITIL)
- Liaison with 3rd parties to ensure the effective resolution of support calls
- Taking ownership of user problems and being proactive dealing with user issues
- Act as an escalation point for business critical application related queries such as phone system, case management, etc
- Logging all calls on the service desk system and maintain full documentation/solutions
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Keeping technical documentation up-to-date within the firms knowledgebase
- Be available to work one weekend out of very five.
The successful candidate will have a positive outlook, be knowledgeable, enthusiastic, determined and capable of providing a first-class support service to the Firms user base.
A positive ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn is essential for this role. On the job support and training will be provided for the successful candidate.
Key Competence Requirements
- Experience working within a busy support desk environment
- Experience administering Microsoft technologies such as Exchange, Active Directory, Server 2016 & 2019
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure, Exchange Online, WVD and Intune technologies
- Experience working within Virtualised & Hybrid Cloud environments
- Experience administering and supporting Citrix VDI
- Working knowledge of security products such as Barracuda, Mimecast, Sophos, Tessian & Microsoft Authenticator
- Excellent working knowledge of Cloud backup and recovery (Veeam)
- Understanding of computer networking and basic troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to think, provide solutions and communicate well under pressure
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and learn
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Excellent telephone manner and face-to-face communication skills
- Relevant qualifications such as ITIL, Azure Fundamentals, CompTia
- Experiencing administering Mitel phone systems
- Experience supporting environments that include Microsoft Dynamics and PowerApps
- Legal applications experience – including Proclaim & Bighand
- We reserve the right to close this role before the date shown depending on volume and calibre of candidates.